Maintenance For Softubs
Congratulations on your purchase of a new Allied Spa. Allied Spas are designed to be a relaxing body of warm water hydrotherapy. The spa is relatively easy to maintain, but it can become difficult if neglected. By following these simple steps you can keep your spa water sparkling clear.
ATTENTION: DO NOT USE ANY CHLORINE BASED SPA SHOCK, AS THIS WILL VOID YOUR SOFTUB’S WARRANTY!
- Allow your garden hose to fun for a couple of minutes prior to filling the Softub. This will flush any bacteria from the hose before filling the tub. (DO NOT USE SOFTENED WATER)
- Make sure any wrinkles in the liner are smoothed out and add 1-2 inches of water to the tub then remove any remaining wrinkles from the liner.
- Add Spa Pure Stain & Scale Preventer at the rate of 4 Tablespoons per 500 gallons. Then continue filling the tub until the water level is about 2 inches above the highest jet.
- Once full and the water temperature has reached 80 degrees or more balance alkalinity first and then the PH (See: Every Other Day section 1(b) & 1(c) for proper levels)
- Turn on jets and add Spa Pure Granular Chlorine at the rate of 2 Tablespoons. This is strictly a start up dose which allows you to create a residual chlorine level in the water.
Note: Allow the chlorine count to drop to an acceptable level of 5ppm or less before your first use. This may take 12 to 24 hours to occur.
After Each Use
- 1. Add Spa Pure Granular Chlorine at the rate of 1 Teaspoon while the jets are running.
Note: After heavy or excessive use of the spa you may need to add an additional dose of Spa Pure Granular Chlorine.
Every Other Day
- Test the water with test strips. (Frequency of testing may vary depending on spa usage)
- Chlorine level should read between 3–5ppm.
- But should be at or below 5ppm before it is safe to use the spa.
- Total Alkalinity should read between 80 – 120ppm.
- PH should read between 7.2 – 7.8.
Weekly & Anytime You Add Water
- Add Allied Pools brand Spa Pure Stain & Scale Preventer at the rate of 1 ½ Tablespoons per 500 gallons of water to prevent calcium and lime deposits.
- Add Spa Perfect at the rate of 1oz per 100 gallons. This prevents the build up of body oils, lotions, hairsprays, and cosmetics from accumulating along the water line.
Every Two to Four Weeks
- Remove and rinse filter(s). Give them a good once over with a hose.
Note: DO NOT PRESSURE WASH THE FILTER as this could cause damage to the filter.
Every Two Months
- Clean your filter using Allied Pools Filter Cleaner. Soaking the filter in a 5-gallon pail of water mixed with 1 quart of Allied Pools Filter Cleaner will help remove any imbedded dirt, debris, and body oils from the filter thus extending the life of the filter. We recommend that you soak the filter for 24 hours.
****Be sure to thoroughly rinse the filter before returning it to the spa****
Every Four Months
- Drain spa and use Allied Pools Tile & Liner Cleaner to clean the inside of the spa.
- Repeat the startup process. (DO NOT USE SOFTENED WATER)