Maintenance For Spas with Nature 2 and Ozone
Congratulations on your purchase of a new Allied Spa. Allied Spas are designed to be a relaxing body of warm water hydrotherapy. The spa is relatively easy to maintain, but it can become difficult if neglected. By following these simple steps you can keep your spa water sparkling clear.
- Fill your spa with fresh water by placing a garden hose into the filter cartridge opening. This will prime the pumps to avoid an air lock, which could cause you to have to drain the spa and start over. (DO NOT USE SOFTENED WATER)
- Add Spa Pure Stain & Scale Preventer at the rate of 4 Tablespoons per 500 gallons of water while the spa is filling.
- Once full and the water temperature has reached 80 degrees or more balance alkalinity first and then the PH (See: weekly section 1(b) & 1(c) for correct ranges)
- Now attach the two sticks to the Nature 2 cartridge and place the Nature 2 cartridge (extensions down) inside the filter. (See Nature 2 instruction manual for illustration) Note: You may only need to attach 1 stick depending on the spa.
- To activate the Nature 2 cartridge you must now add Spa Pure Granular Chlorine at the rate of 2 Tablespoons per 250 gallons of water.
Note: Allow the chlorine count to drop an acceptable level of 5ppm or less before your first use. This may take 12 to 24 hours to occur.
Before Each Use
- Add Spa Pure Spa Shock at the rate of 1 Tablespoon per 250 gallons of water.
- Test the water with test strips. (Frequency of testing may vary depending on spa usage)
- Chlorine level should read between 0 – 0.5ppm.
- But should be at or below 5ppm before it is safe to use the spa.
- Total Alkalinity should read between 80 – 120ppm.
- PH should read between 7.2 – 7.8.
- Add maintenance dose of Spa Pure Granular Chlorine at the rate 1 Tablespoon per 250 gallons of water. (This step keeps the Nature 2 cartridge active to kill algae and bacteria). Note: After heavy or excessive use of the spa you may need to add an additional dose of Granular Chlorine*.
- Add Spa Pure Stain & Scale Preventer at the rate of 1 ½ Tablespoons per 500 gallons of water to prevent calcium and lime deposits.
- Add Spa Perfect at the rate of 1oz per 100 gallons. This prevents the build up of body oils, lotions, hairsprays, and cosmetics from accumulating along the water line.
Every Two to Four Weeks
- Remove and rinse filter(s). Give them a good once over with a hose.
Note: DO NOT PRESSURE WASH THE FILTER as this could cause damage to the filter.
Every Two Months
- Clean your filter using Allied Pools Filter Cleaner. Soaking the filter in a 5gallon pail of water mixed with 1 quart of Allied Pools Filter Cleaner will help remove any imbedded dirt, debris, and body oils from the filter thus extending the life of the filter. We recommend that you soak the filter for 24 hours.
****Be sure to thoroughly rinse the filter before returning it to the spa****
Every Four Months
- Drain spa and use Spa Pure Spa Cleaner to clean the inside of the spa.
- Repeat the startup process.
- You will need to replace the Nature 2 cartridge with a new one at this time.