Maintenance For Spas with Bromine
Congratulations on your purchase of a new Allied Spa. Allied Spas are designed to be a relaxing body of warm water hydrotherapy. The spa is relatively easy to maintain, but it can become difficult if neglected. By following these simple steps you can keep your spa water sparkling clear.
- Fill your spa with fresh water by placing a garden hose into the filter cartridge opening. This will prime the pumps to avoid an air lock, which could cause you to have to drain the spa and start over. (DO NOT USE SOFTENED WATER)
- Add Spa Pure Stain & Scale Preventer at the rate of 4 Tablespoons per 500 gallons of water while the spa is filling.
- Once full and the water temperature has reached 80 degrees or more balance alkalinity first and then the PH (See: weekly section 1(b) & 1(c) for correct ranges)
- Now add SpaGuard Granular Bromine at the rate of 2 Tablespoons per 250 gallons of water. This will create a residual bromine count in the water that you must maintain.
Note: Allow the bromine count to drop an acceptable level of 6ppm or less before your first use. This may take 12 to 24 hours to occur.
- Maintain 2-6ppm of bromine using a bromine tablet dispenser filled with Spa Pure Bromine Tablets. You may need to adjust the dispenser a few times before finding a setting that maintains the appropriate level of bromine. Or, you may instead choose to use SpaGuard Granular Bromine to maintain a consistent 2-6ppm level of bromine in your spa. This will require more frequent testing.
Before Each Use
- Add Spa Pure Spa Shock at the rate of 1 Tablespoon per 250 gallons of water.
- Test the water with test strips and adjust levels if necessary. (Frequency of testing may vary depending on spa usage)
- Bromine level should read between 2-6ppm.
- Total Alkalinity should read between 80 – 120ppm.
- PH should read between 7.2 – 7.8.
- Add Spa Pure Stain & Scale Preventer at the rate of 1 ½ Tablespoons per 500 gallons of water to prevent calcium and lime deposits.
- Add Spa Perfect at the rate of 1oz per 100 gallons. This prevents a build up of body oils, lotions, hairsprays, and cosmetics from accumulating along the water line.
Every Two to Four Weeks
- Remove and rinse filter(s). Give them a good once over with a hose.
Note: DO NOT PRESSURE WASH THE FILTER as this could cause damage to the filter.
Every Two Months
- Clean your filter using Allied Pools Filter Cleaner. Soaking the filter in a 5-gallon pail of water mixed with 1 quart of Allied Pools Filter Cleaner will help remove any imbedded dirt, debris, and body oils from the filter thus extending the life of the filter. We recommend that you soak the filter for 24 hours.
****Be sure to thoroughly rinse the filter before returning it to the spa****
Every Four Months
- Drain spa and use Spa Pure Spa Cleaner to clean the inside of the spa.
- Repeat the startup process.